Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Outpranked...

10pm-12am...completely oblivious to anything thats going on.

1st voicemail: " hey Kristina, its rappin chad. saw that you needed help and i'll eat your food. i can also help with your wedding next year if you want. call me back. thanks."

1st text message: I would love to get some of that cookin. let me know when would be a good time to come over. Thanks! (unknown number.)

2nd. text message: hello kristine. I would be willing to be your guinea pig for your cooking experiment. i'm Kenneth. (also an unknown caller.)

ok, so after these first three weird messages, i was so completely confused. at 12:34 am, i got home from a nine hour shift at work, and was taking my shoes and jacket off when my phone rang. it was a colorado number, one that i didn't recognize. i picked up my phone, took a deep breath and answered it. 

K: Hello?
A: HEY KRISTINE!!! ITZ AUSTIN!!!
K: Who's Austin?
A: From Dryer!!! We're in a class together!
K: we are? ok...
A: I just wanted to call you. I'll help eat your food!!! 
K: WHAT?! what is going ON!?
A:We want some of your southern cookin! (guys in the background agreeing...) we're just responding to your poster!
K: WHAT?! what poster?!
A: The one thatz EVERYWHERE on campus...about you cooking for us 
K: I have no idea what your talking about...what poster? whatz it say?
A: *reads the poster* so....you're not cooking for us?
K: no! totally not real...
A: Awww...we thought it was. we were so excited about a homecooked meal!
K: itz a prank...where did you find the poster?
A: EVERYWHERE. In our dorms, sweeting doors, hallways, stairwells, elevators. They're everywhere!

Oh. My. Word. 

so the past few days i've been getting text messages, voicemails, and phonecalls, not to mention guys who stop me everywhere in hopes that i'll cook for them. 

It was a good prank...but you can be sure there'll be retaliation for it...

1 comment:

dandy said...

ok- that is hilarious!!! that is awesome. what a great prank. you'll have to let me know how you respond...:)

Monya, Sophia, and Anya

Monya, Sophia, and Anya
asking for prayer this week for them...