Friday, August 21, 2009

"I do."

I am not quite sure of where exactly to start in describing the most amazing day of my life. It started early morning on Saturday, August 8th. I got up from the couch I'd been sleeping on, and looked over and saw my cousin still snoring away. I checked the time-it was already 5:30 am. It all felt so unreal, because in 5 more hours, I'd be standing at an altar, saying "I do." I got up from the couch, and found Peyton asleep next to Ashley, and so I cuddled my favorite puppy in my arms for a few minutes while I waited for the rest of the household to wake up. So many emotions were hitting me as i thought through what was going to happen the next few days.

The wedding ceremony is a blur when i think back on it. I remember tearing up the moment i walked through the double doors toward Ryan at the altar. I remember seeing all the people who were there for our special day, and seeing their smiling faces. I remember dad grinning, and I remember seeing Mr. Vince and Ryan standingg there. I looked away quickly, because I knew I'd lose it if I looked at him. I glanced over at the bridesmaids and Juniors, and they looked BEAUTIFUL. My flower girl, Grace, and my ringbearer, Clark, had done an excellent job walking down the aisle and everyone was absolutely taken by their cuteness. I remember how worshipful it was, and I remember struggling through the long sentences of the vows. (I couldn't remember what Mr. Vince told me to repeat!) I remember looking at Ryan, and not believing were actually at the day of the beginning of our marriage...everything just seemed surreal. I remember our kiss at the altar and the excitement of it in front of everyone.

Leaving the ceremony was like a breath of fresh air. It was over, all the planningg was done, the preparation for the wedding was finished. We were husband and wife, and boy did that feel good!:) The Juniors were riding in the convertible in the back seat, hooting and hollering and screaming out of excitement. I couldn't believe it was over.

The reception was a blast. I just remember it being loads of fun, and seeing people I hadn't seen in so long. I have so much more to write, but since I'm stealing the wireless signal from the local hospital nearby, the signal keeps going in and out, and my husband and I are about to head home. Once I get pictures from the photographer, I will post it. I can't wait to update all ya'll about how life in Storm Lake Iowa is going!:) I'll write again soon when I get the chance to snag wireless signal somewhere else. :)

No comments:

Monya, Sophia, and Anya

Monya, Sophia, and Anya
asking for prayer this week for them...