Monday, June 8, 2009

My Lola


This is my Lola, my grandmother. She was the only Lola we knew, and the only one that we had memories with. She lived in the Philippines, which explains why I have only three memories with my Lola. 
The first one was when I was 10. That's when I met her, and fell in love with her and my Lolo (grandpa). I was a tomboy, slid down her high banister, and snuck out on the balcony/roof of her house to shoot the neighborhood boys with my slingshot. She had pictures of my when I was little, and fed me lots of delicious food. I remember that.
The second memory I have of her was when I was 14.  My Lolo died, and we went home to be with the family. She was so strong for her family. The family, although losing Lolo, was mourning, the family was so happy to be together, that we have great memories of conversations and times of laughter with them, even during Lolo's funeral. She showed so much love, and support for her family and was so strong for them the next few years. I remember that.
The third memory I have of Lola, was from this past spring break. She was hospitable, oh so hospitable. She opened up her home for over twenty of my friends, to have two meals at her home. We had a great time again, laughing together as a family, loving Lola, and seeing her smile. She was so strong, and still so amazing...not to mention how adorable she was! She hosted so many missionaries that came to the Philippines in the past many years. My hope is that she came to know the Lord through that...we don't know. But I remember her heart. and Her smile. Her yellow dress that she loved so much. I remember that.

Today, my Lola, my only Lola, passed away. My three memories of her will always stick to me-they're the only ones I've got of her. I loved her so much, even in the few memories I had with her. She loved her family so much, was an example of how to love a family, and gave me three memories I never want to forget. 

No comments:

Monya, Sophia, and Anya

Monya, Sophia, and Anya
asking for prayer this week for them...