Monday, May 11, 2009

raindrops keep falling on my head...(a rare sappy moment)



(freshman year)                       (Senior year)

I'm not usually the sentimental type. I don't keep ticket stubs for memories, and rarely do i ever have a hard time with change. I was a military brat, I can deal with change pretty well. But for some reason, Wednsday night was different.

I left my favorite class, Romans, on Wednesday night, and got all choked up. It was getting dark, and it was raining pretty hard. I walked home, walking through every puddle, and not caring how freezing it was outside. I got hit with a strange sadness, my time at Moody Bible Institute is almost over. I felt a wet warmness on my cold wet cheek, and I knew I was crying. In fact, i could hear myself cry. I cried harder than I have in a long long long time. I, felt pathetic, walking and crying in the rain, but not just crying, BAWLING. I must have been quite a sight to all the cars driving along, and all the moody students that i passed and i ducked my head by. 

I never thought I'd have such a hard time leaving Moody. I think its because I have all these thoughts going through my head about the past four years, and the memories that I have from them. My friends and I are all going different directions, and who knows when we'll see each other again. So much has changed, and so much will be different. I can't even describe how much i love my school. How much I loved learning in the classrooms, and how much i loved the proffs. I loved growing with the youth ministry majors in classes, seeing where we were four years ago, and now in Senior Seminar, so many are being called to different ministries already. 

ARGH. sometimes growing up is hard. I've never had such a difficulty though with change as i am having right now. God used so many circumstances, friends, proffs, classes, chapels, even projects, to challenge me to grow and thrive in my faith. I guess raindrops on my head isn't all that bad. It made me think and pray some more thats for sure:). I was so encouraged talking to my daddy about it, because I'm getting nervous on where to work and find a job, and how i'll pay for rent and food and stuff. Dad told me, "Kristine-you're really going to be walking by faith now. blindly. " and you know what? Its a great place to be! He's right, and i'm so glad he pointed that out. its stretching me out, but I'm already seeing the blessings and provision of the Lord and how He'll take care of me.

No comments:

Monya, Sophia, and Anya

Monya, Sophia, and Anya
asking for prayer this week for them...