Monday, January 19, 2009

From Scratch...



Last valentine's day i made Ryan coupons of things I would do. One of them was to cook him dinner whenever he wanted. He finally put the coupons to good use, and I made him dinner saturday night. So, i put to use the Christmas gift the Schurman's gave me, and made Ryan Yummy pesto Chicken, french bread with olive oil and parmesan cheese, and for dessert Peach pie (which i found out was his Favorite pie ever!!! score!) I have never ever ever never in my life made a full meal, ALL FROM SCRATCH, and i did it on Saturday night...I am so proud of myself, so i'm posting the pics that document this memorable occasion.

here are the recipes i used...one is Dani's recipe and the other is from the cookbook she gave me...

I made a real dough ball!!! i've never done that before! and i followed directions and actually got the RIGHT results!!!! (i've never done that either!!)


It turned out to be sooooooooooo yummy and he LOVED it...I topped it with vanilla ice cream...yum!

Herez the pesto chicken!!!!!  it was sooo easy and sooo yummy...Ryan loved it!
 
I forgot to take pics of the finished products, but it was actually ALOT of fun to make everything. Never thought i'd enjoy cooking, but i really really really did, and I'm gonna try again next saturday night. Im so excited! I've never gotten so much satisfaction out of something as serving my man dinner...haha, i loved it. He's so cute too, he made me feel so good to, with sweet compliments and enthusiastic reactions whenever i brought something new out. can't wait to cook another meal for him!:)


3 comments:

becca said...

Aw yay! That looks like so much fun. Good job cooking, Kristine!

kBr said...

thanks becca!!! if you ever visit Lindsay while she's at school in Chicago, I'll cook for both of ya'll! (i should be a married pro by then;))

dandy said...

LOVE IT!
i forgot my sign in its been that long since i was on our blog- i wrote you these great comments and then lost 'em. I LOVE the pie. so impressed that you gave it a whirl. you can cook!! adorable in the apron too! so glad you like it all:) you are gonna be a great wife miss K. we think you rock over here.
loved all your posts- had fun catching up on your life etc. can't wait to see that fripp island ceremony.

Monya, Sophia, and Anya

Monya, Sophia, and Anya
asking for prayer this week for them...