Saturday, February 20, 2010

smiley faces and a hug

IMG_7040

one of my first graders came up to me with this card that he made.
--------------
earlier in the day I had sent him inside during recess because of the way he had acted towards one of the elderly teachers outside. I told him to go back to his classroom to think about what he had said and done.

he put up a fight, claiming he hadn't done anything, but after ten minutes of protesting and arguing, almost to the point of tears, he went inside.
--------------
after an hour, i was teaching Kindergarten reading, when he found me and handed me this card:
IMG_7039

turns out on his way inside, instead of his classroom, he found his way to the principal's office-and told her "that he was rotten to Ms. BB (Brandenberger) and had kicked her." (he hadn't kicked me, although he told the principal he had.) So strangely enough, he wrote me this note and folded it into a card.

He came up to me, with his face looking sad and worried, and said, "Ms. BB, I made this for you." I asked him to read it to me-and all the while my heart was just smiling-and he ended the note with, "i'm sorry ms. BB." His eyes were big as he looked at me and i looked into his big brown eyes and told him I was proud of him for apologizing.

He gave me a huge hug and held on to me and then went back to his classroom.
this seven year old's card and huge bear hug made my day:).

1 comment:

Amanda Seibert said...

love that note. kids are so precious!!!

Monya, Sophia, and Anya

Monya, Sophia, and Anya
asking for prayer this week for them...