Thursday, January 7, 2010

Soda commitment

"I'm gonna get all the soda i like and drink it on New Year's Eve!!!!"

My dear sweet friend and junior bridesmaid touched my heart in a big way with a little comment. New Year's Day 2009, last year, she made the New years resolution to not drink soda all year long.

So many adults I know make new years resolutions to lose weight, eat healthy, stop drinking, or smoking, or anything along those lines...more often than not, these resolutions don't last all year long.

This girl, 11 at the time, made a decision not to drink soda. But SHE DID IT. She stuck to her commitment and carried through what she had said she would not do for a whole year. And this gal loves her Cheerwine soda:).

For a simple statement such as that, this young lady showed me an admirable quality. Sticking to her commitment. Now, if this tween girl can give up her love of soda for a year, with her drive and determination getting her through all 365 days of pretty much a a necessity drink for tweenagers, how consistent can you be in sticking to your commitments?:) I can honestly say this young lady encouraged me sticking to my own commitments-and she didn't even know it:).
(Ale Grace and I-December 27 2009.)

1 comment:

Alexandra G. Smith said...

nope, she sure didn't! so glad though :)

Monya, Sophia, and Anya

Monya, Sophia, and Anya
asking for prayer this week for them...