Saturday, October 10, 2009

School

Here are a few pics of where i work. I work alot of the time in the 1st and 2nd grade wing of school, doing "pull out interventions" or what the kids call it "Book Club." basically, the Titles pull kids out of class for twenty to thirty minutes each group and work on their reading, fluency, spelling, and grammar. These are the kids who are not reading up to their speed for their grade, for example, third graders need to be reading about 140 WPM (words per minute). we take the kids who are about 20-60 WPM and spend time working on reading skills, and teach them how to read better. Some of my second graders can't read words like, "and" or "my," so we go over all the sounds of alphabet and all the letter combination sounds. I currently have 5 Intervention groups (book club), and 3 reading groups (where we work with the kids in the classroom, rather than pulling them out.)

here are the lockers for the 1st to 2nd grade...each kid in elementary school gets their own locker in their wing!!!

this is the 1st and 2nd grade wing. with lockers for the first graders on the right, and second graders are on the left. down each hallway are the classrooms.
a few of my Intervention groups happen at this table. I love my intervention groups. We call them book club for the kids, and they love being pulled out of class and doing the reading. It gives them more one on one attention in a small group setting. Alot of behavioral kids end up in these groups, and we notice that their behavior gets better in the small group setting:).
we have 5 Title IAs that share this classroom...we have so much fun in there:)
well, thatz just a lil bit of my every day life. I love love LOVE my job:)

No comments:

Monya, Sophia, and Anya

Monya, Sophia, and Anya
asking for prayer this week for them...