Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Founder's week...



Itz here once again...I love this time of the year. Besides the freezing cold winds, the snow packed ICE that cover the sidewalks, the snow that messes up whatever hairstyle you fixed before leaving a building, this week is one of the best weeks Moody Bible Institute has to offer. This is the time of the year, that my pride of being a Moody Student renews. Great Men and Women of faith come together, and teach their wisdom and life experiences to the students and people of chicago. Man...so many legacies leave their mark at Moody Bible Institute.

So far this week (its only been a day and a half), we've had Dr. Michael Easley, our former president, Crawford Loritts, and Jarrett Stevens speak. We still have sooooo many more people to look forward to like Alistair Begg, Francis Chan, Charles Colson, Frankling Graham, Jerry Jenkins, David Kinnaman, Phil Vischer, and many proffs and alumni. My goodness. It has been so amazing the past three years. Bob McCrea told the youth min seniors this the other day, "In about ten years, you each will give your right arm to take a week off of what you're doing to get fed as well as you do during Founder's week. To hear the Bible being preached and being ministered to -this one of the last times you'll be able to do that. "


so that said, i'm very much enjoying the speakers. soooo good. Jarrett Stevens who works for Andy Stanley's church in Atlanta, is a moody alumni. it was SO encouraging hearing him speak and about the ministry he is in. It was inspiring to say the least. to see what he's doing and where he's gone with his ministry. I loved his stories about being a moody student, a totally normal moody student. curious, mischievious, etc. Got into trouble at moody by setting a big number "3" on fire in his dorm...just cause he wanted to see what would happen. I like that he went through the moody life as a normal college student, and now look at what he's doing!

Makes me wonder...

what will i be doing in 13 years? Will I be leaving a legacy like the Founders week speakers have in peoples lives? how will God use an silly energetic crazy kiddo like me? where will i be and who will i be ministering to?

For right now, I love that i know who i am going into ministry with for the rest of my life. I love knowing that my best friend, and love of my life, Ryan, will forever be my partner in ministry once we are married! I'm so excited to see how God uses us together, and can't help but wonder where He'll place us.

I found this pic that Ashley scanned. this was when i was eight years old, and completely unaware of the amazing things that God would do(and has done) in my life! Founder's week makes me think back alot...and kinda ahead as well...anyways, i'm the kiddo with the fannypack and hot overall shorts.;)

1 comment:

lindsay said...

I think I'd really like a week of Founder's Week, from what you're saying. We're certainly wishing Moody had given us the option to get on charter buses and go over there for Founder's Week. I'd have loved to hear more of the speakers. We watched Francis Chan today and it was SO great. Jarrett Stevens is tomorrow I believe. Sounds like a greatly encouraging week!

Monya, Sophia, and Anya

Monya, Sophia, and Anya
asking for prayer this week for them...